As we turn the page to a new calendar year, we want to take a moment to celebrate all that has been accomplished in our community. Throughout 2023, local patient need for transfusions has continued to skyrocket, driven by new hospitals, new programs, and population growth. Meeting those needs has meant growing our We Are Blood family, collecting more donations, taking care of more donors, and supporting more patients.
This past year, we…
- Welcomed Dell Children’s Hospital – North Campus
- Supported multiple expansions and the addition of programs at over 10 hospitals, including those at North Austin Medical Center, Ascension Seton Williamson, and St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center
- Celebrated a year of Cedar Park donor center being part of our family
- Expanded our volunteer program to include additional opportunities for canteen hosting and outreach support and initiated an internship program
- Watched our Austin-Travis County whole blood program reach tremendous milestones
- Onboarded Williamson County EMS to our whole blood program
- Successfully implemented monumental changes to donor eligibility
Not only that, but our over 300 volunteers achieved over 11,000 service hours, consistently hitting over 1,000 donated hours per month! And, we have witnessed tremendous energy and productivity at donor centers and mobile drives.
In 2024, we look to welcome Texas Children’s Hospital North, St. David’s Hospital – Leander, and St. David’s Hospital – Kyle to the We Are Blood family, and to begin supporting the other medical programs and services that will be added to the area over the course of the year. Additionally, we are excited to launch our new educational program called Vein to Vein geared at arming our high school and college-aged students with the information they need to become life-long lifesavers!
There is much to look forward to and to accomplish, and we simply couldn’t do it without our amazing community!
The Power of We.
We are surrounded by inspiring personal stories of transfusion recipients, blood and platelet donors, and lifesaving programs. It is remarkable how our Central Texas community bands together in collective commitment to save lives, one donation at a time.
Our staff, volunteers, and donors have accomplished so much for local patients across Central Texas in 2023. We are exceedingly grateful for all that they do every each and every day. We celebrate you and wish you well in 2024.
Thank you for being…
- self-less donors,
- dedicated staff,
- amazing volunteers,
- collaborating hospitals and medical facilities,
- gracious business partners,
- committed blood drive hosts,
- our friends, and
- most importantly, our family.
From the whole We Are Blood team, we are excited to see all that we can do together in the coming year.