Few things are more important to our community than having a local blood supply you can count on. When you work at We Are Blood, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it.
Clinical Apheresis Registered Nurse
This individual will perform therapeutic apheresis and cellular therapy procedures both in-house and at contracted facilities in accordance to the physician orders and set procedures and policies, as well as coordinate, oversee and perform special donations procedures in-house.
- Responsibilities include: Access and maintenance of central venous catheters (CVC) and ports. Assess and monitor patients/donors while they undergo their ordered procedure. Patient/ caregiver education regarding procedures and post procedure care. Serve as liaison for patients and physicians; review all request forms, physician’s orders, patient history, medications and lab work, as applicable. Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Requirements: Must have an active unencumbered State of Texas RN license & must be CPR certified. Must have +1 year of nursing experience in a hospital setting, oncology unit or clinic required; and a minimum of 3 years of donor qualification related functions in a blood center may substitute for some clinical experience. Phlebotomy experience required. ICU, ER, pediatrics, apheresis, dialysis and/or oncology experience preferred. Must be able to maintain on-call responsibilities and flex set schedule to include evenings or alternate days of the week as needed. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid TX driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record. Clinical ladder for professional development available.
to apply now.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We Are Blood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing is required. Our pre-employment verification process includes background checks, prior employment verification, and driving record checks (as required) as conditions of employment.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefits program. Benefits are available to employees based on their employment status (full time, part time) and length of service. Benefits include:
- Health Care Benefits (Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan (with company contribution upon eligibility)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Medical Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Recognition Program
- Free Parking
Not finding the right fit?
Check out United Tissue Resources (our sister company) to see the jobs they have available.