Few things are more important to our community than having a local blood supply you can count on. When you work at We Are Blood, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it.
Phlebotomy Technician I – Mobiles
- Determine donor eligibility, perform phlebotomy techniques, and manage adverse donor reactions at blood drives across the Central Texas area.
- Additional duties include: loading/unloading the mobile bus, setting up/taking down the blood drive, and maintaining excellent donor relations.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Prefer 1 year experience in phlebotomy and/or taking vitals. Certification as a phlebotomist, medical assistant, EMT, paramedic or LVN is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Open availability needed; must be able to work a full-time schedule with flexible hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Phlebotomy Technician I – Lamar
Registered Nurse – Clinical Apheresis
- Qualify therapeutic apheresis and cellular therapy patients in accordance to set procedures and policies, as well as perform and oversee clinical/special donations procedures.
- Access central venous catheters – perform flush and anticoagulation; change dressing; instruct patients on care.
- Assess and monitor patients/donors while they undergo donation.
- Serve as liaison for patients and physicians.
- Review all request forms, physician’s orders, patient history, medications and lab work, as applicable.
Blood Distribution Technician
- Maintain and manage the inventory of blood products and to provide blood product distribution service in a regulated environment to hospitals, other blood centers, and clients.
- Recognize and fulfill the unique inventory and service needs of each hospital and select appropriate components for distribution to ensure facility needs are met.
- Manually and/or electronically log orders and shipments, ensuring accuracy and delivery time frames are met with strict adherence to SOP.
- Inspect products or specimens and pack appropriately for shipment to ensure regulatory requirements are met for each type of shipment.
- Complete all required documentation accurately with strict adherence to cGMP and SOP.
- Be responsible for monitoring and documenting storage temperatures for all components; in-house, and upon receipt.
- Manage product inventory to reduce expiration rates while ensuring community needs are continually met.
- Maintain vehicles and work areas in clean, well-organized state. Maintain an acceptable driving record and other duties as assigned.
- Administration of basic supervisory functions:
- Anticipate and respond to organizational needs; plan for contingencies; organize/oversee processes and employees to promote a lean environment; lead and motivate staff; ensure thorough/effective dissemination of information; ensure timely and appropriate reporting of all Worker’s Compensation exposures, illness, or injuries; maintain open lines of communication with employees and operations manager; ensure compliance with organizational and industry policies and procedures; ensure proper maintenance of the donation site and equipment according to SOP, coordinate/ oversee work flow; ensure satisfactory levels of Mobile supplies and equipment.
- Employee development:
- Provide timely and tailored training, feedback, and constructive criticism to improve and expand upon employees’ technique and knowledge; advise mobile operations manager of issues/trends involving employees; execute on-the-spot corrections as needed; provide timely and progressive counseling aimed at correcting performance problems; participate in the performance appraisal process of employees by maintaining notes on individual employees throughout the year and constructing fair, effective, unbiased, and factual performance comments; cultivate an environment of teamwork.
- Determine donor eligibility, perform phlebotomy techniques.
We Are Blood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing is required. Our pre-employment verification process includes background checks, prior employment verification, and driving record checks (as required) as conditions of employment.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefits program. Benefits are available to employees based on their employment status (full time, part time) and length of service. Benefits include:
- Health Care Benefits (Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan (with company contribution upon eligibility)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Medical Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Recognition Program
- Free Parking
Not finding the right fit?
Check out United Tissue Resources (our sister company) to see the jobs they have available.