Few things are more important to our community than having a local blood supply you can count on. When you work at We Are Blood, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it.
Clinical Apheresis Registered Nurse
This individual will perform therapeutic apheresis and cellular therapy procedures both in-house and at contracted facilities in accordance to the physician orders and set procedures and policies, as well as coordinate, oversee and perform special donations procedures in-house.
- Access and maintenance of central venous catheters (CVC) and ports.
- Assess and monitor patients/donors while they undergo their ordered procedure.
- Patient/ caregiver education regarding procedures and post procedure care.
- Serve as liaison for patients and physicians; review all request forms, physician’s orders, patient history, medications and lab work, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Must have an active unencumbered State of Texas RN license & must be CPR certified.
- Must have +1 year of nursing experience in a hospital setting, oncology unit or clinic required; and a minimum of 3 years of donor qualification related functions in a blood center may substitute for some clinical experience.
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- ICU, ER, pediatrics, apheresis, dialysis and/or oncology experience preferred.
- Must be able to maintain on-call responsibilities and flex set schedule to include evenings or alternate days of the week as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid TX driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Clinical ladder for professional development available.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Click here to apply now.
Blood Distribution Courier – Overnight
This individual will maintain and manage the inventory of blood products and to provide blood product distribution service in a regulated environment to hospitals, other blood centers, and clients.
- Recognize and fulfill the unique inventory and service needs of each hospital and select appropriate components for distribution to ensure facility needs are met.
- Manually and/or electronically log orders and shipments, ensuring accuracy and delivery time frames are met with strict adherence to SOP.
- Inspect products or specimens and pack appropriately for shipment to ensure regulatory requirements are met for each type of shipment.
- Complete all required documentation accurately with strict adherence to cGMP and SOP.
- Be responsible for monitoring and documenting storage temperatures for all components; in-house, and upon receipt.
- Manage product inventory to reduce expiration rates while ensuring community needs are continually met.
- Maintain vehicles and work areas in clean, well-organized state.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record and other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work an OVERNIGHT shift: Friday - Sunday, 6 pm - 6 am.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Two years of customer service experience required.
- Prefer some experience in inventory, distribution, and/or warehouse experience in a regulated environment.
- Some computer skills preferred. EEO Employer:
This individual will determine donor eligibility, perform phlebotomy techniques, and manage adverse donor reactions at blood drives across the Central Texas area.
- Loading/unloading the mobile bus
- Setting up/taking down the blood drive
- Maintaining excellent donor relations
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous work experience in restaurant, retail, or hospitality is a plus.
- Prefer 1 year experience in phlebotomy and/or taking vitals.
- Certification as a phlebotomist, medical assistant or LVN is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Open availability needed; must be able to work a full-time schedule with flexible hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We Are Blood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing is required. Our pre-employment verification process includes background checks, prior employment verification, and driving record checks (as required) as conditions of employment.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefits program. Benefits are available to employees based on their employment status (full time, part time) and length of service. Benefits include:
- Health Care Benefits (Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan (with company contribution upon eligibility)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Medical Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Recognition Program
- Free Parking
Not finding the right fit?
Check out United Tissue Resources (our sister company) to see the jobs they have available.