Few things are more important to our community than having a local blood supply you can count on. When you work at We Are Blood, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it.
Registered Nurse – Clinical Apheresis
- Qualify therapeutic apheresis and cellular therapy patients in accordance to set procedures and policies, as well as perform and oversee clinical/special donations procedures.
- Access central venous catheters – perform flush and anticoagulation; change dressing; instruct patients on care.
- Assess and monitor patients/donors while they undergo donation.
- Serve as liaison for patients and physicians.
- Review all request forms, physician’s orders, patient history, medications and lab work, as applicable.
We Are Blood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing is required. Our pre-employment verification process includes background checks, prior employment verification, and driving record checks (as required) as conditions of employment.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefits program. Benefits are available to employees based on their employment status (full time, part time) and length of service. Benefits include:
- Health Care Benefits (Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan (with company contribution upon eligibility)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
- Medical Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Recognition Program
- Free Parking
Not finding the right fit?
Check out United Tissue Resources (our sister company) to see the jobs they have available.