We Are Blood has drawn Central Texans together since 1951 to provide and protect the community blood supply. Help us inspire people to donate locally and to take pride in this precious shared resource. Together, we can make sure all Central Texans will continue to have access to life-saving blood when they need it.
How can you help? We’re so glad you asked…
Engage with us on social media
Spread the word about We Are Blood and the local blood supply by engaging your personal community. You know your friends, families, social networks, business networks, employees, congregations, social sports teams, classmates (we could go on but you get the idea), better than anyone! So think about the best way to engage them in We Are Blood’s mission. Get creative, have fun and save some local lives while doing it.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Plan a happy hour event to raise awareness with your coworkers and friends.
- Create a fun tournament with proceeds benefiting We Are Blood.
- Invite us to speak at your church group, workout class, or place of business.
- Create a team and sign up for a marathon or race in benefit of We Are Blood.
- Have your favorite sports team (and their fans) duel it out by hosting a competitive blood drive.
- Invite others to take a tour with you of the We Are Blood donation center and lab to see first-hand what happens to your blood donation after it leaves your arm.
- Follow us on social media and share our posts with your network.
- Wear your We Are Blood SWAG all around town. Someone asks you where you got it, tell them all about the mission.
Share Your Story
Let us know if blood donation has impacted yours or a family member’s life. Sharing positive stories helps other community members realized the impact blood donations really have. For more information contact Sara Martin at email@example.com.
As a local nonprofit organization that was born and bred in Central Texas, we love partnering with other local institutions. Interested in working together? Let’s brainstorm how we can partner! Contact Nick Canedo, Director of Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512-206-1219.
In the meantime, here are a few ways local partners have gotten involved with We Are Blood in the past to get your wheels turning:
- Host a bake sale, happy hour, or team building event and have the proceeds benefit We Are Blood.
- Donate your company’s product as a giveaway to say THANK YOU to blood donors.
- Co-brand an event or promotion with us.
- Co-brand a public service campaign.
- Offer exclusive discounts to blood donors.
- Hang our window decal to show your support.
- Share our social media posts.
- Bring your employees on a tour of the We Are Blood donation center and lab to see first-hand what happens to your blood donation after it leaves your arm.