We are SO EXCITED to announce that the tenth annual Battle of the Badges blood drive competition among the Austin Fire Department, Austin Police Department, and Austin-Travis County EMS will take place July 1-8!
This is the tenth year in a row the Austin Fire Department, Austin Police Department and Austin-Travis County EMS have battled it out to see which department can recruit the most blood donors.
Last year, we broke a record with 569 total donations over the course of a week. We’re really hoping to see that number go WAY UP this year.
The department that receives the most votes will be declared the winner of the friendly competition.
So what can you do to pitch in?
We are encouraging all of our community members to c’mon in and support our first responders by donating blood and voting for their favorite agency!
You can come to any of our three donation locations July 1-8 or one of the ten designated mobile drives we’ll be having throughout Travis County from July 5 to July 7. Check out the schedule below!
All you have to do is:
- Make an appointment online (or call 512-206-1266) at your chosen mobile drive or donation center. (Walk-ins are welcome too!)
- Eat a full meal and stay super hydrated the day of your appointment.
- Let the front desk know that you’re there for BATTLE OF THE BADGES when you check-in–and make sure you tell them which department you’re voting for (Police, Fire or EMS)!
Mobile Drive Schedule
*Click the location to see more details and make an appointment
- 9am-1pm at APD Headquarters (718 E. 8th St. 78701)
- 11am-3:30pm at Austin Fire Department (4201 Ed Bluestein Blvd. 78721)
- 8:30-11:30am at City Hall (301 W. 2nd St. 78701)
- 9-11:30am at the Travis County Sheriff’s Office (5555 Airport Blvd. 78751)
- 9am-3pm at the Austin Police Association (5817 Wilcab Road, Ste. 1 78721)
- 2-4:30pm at Austin-Travis County EMS HQ (15 Waller St. 78702)
- 2-5pm at City of Austin HQ (505 Barton Springs Road 78704)
- 9am-2pm at the Jaime Padron North Substation (12425 Lamplight Village Ave. 78758)
- 9am-2pm at the Robert Martinez East Substation (812 Springdale Rd. 78702)
- 9am-2pm at the Clinton Hunter South Substation (404 Ralph Ablanedo Dr. 78748)